Wednesday, July 8, 2009

So I had a little accident...

Last night when I was biking home from work, I noticed that my bike was making an odd noise. When I checked it, I noticed that the back tire was cyclically scraping against the brake. This morning, I had planned on going to the place where I had rented the bike from in order to fix it.

When I woke up this morning, the sun was hiding behind the overcast and raining skies. I started making my way to the bike shop, but before I could get there, the back wheel of my bike began wobbling side to side and before I knew it, I had fallen in front of my handle bars. After I got up, I noticed a couple drops of blood on the road and on my bike. When I turned my hand around, I saw a fairly large gash that was bleeding a little bit more than I had hoped. I immediately ditched my bike on the side of the road and started running to find help. Luckily, I knew where I was and I was able to find the health center of the university. As I was running through the streets, I noticed people staring at my pants, and that's when I noticed that in my haste, I had let the blood from my cut drip down onto my pants. I'm thinking to myself "Great, now I need to scrub this out later or else it'll stain."

Anyway, long story short, I ended up getting six stitches in my right hand, which happens to be my dominant hand. I can't ride my bike for two weeks so I'll be hiking over to IMEC for a little bit. On the bright side, I get to take another souvenir back home with me after this trip is over, the scar on my hand.


Don't worry, for the sake of decency I'll refrain from posting images of the actual cut.

1 comment:

  1. wow man, i would have just stood there screaming and freaking out that i was bleeding. but i probably would have thought the same thing about dirtying my pants. :-P

    ReplyDelete